Sunday, December 16, 2007

Is Anonymity Right?

The internet has proved to be of great help to mankind, especially in its ability to promote different ideas and points of views but it also opened the door to charlatans. As of yet it seems people can write what they want and say what they with little chance of being sued, this can and does lead to people making outlandish false accusations. It is not too bad when these individuals give their name you can respond but a lot of forums allow you the right to anonymity, this I believe is wrong and should be stopped.
As I have mentioned before this has happened to me through a web site entitled “Judo Forum” Someone calling themselves Chichorei Kano, using the Judo Forum has told a pack of lies and I made the mistake of replying to him, where I corrected all his lies he replied with even more unsubstantiated information, friends of mine rallied to my side but each thread gave him a chance to spew out more bile but this time it was just against me but many other judo Stars like Paul Radburn for example.So who is he, obviously some one who dislikes me and is jealous of my success, although I believe I know who he is I would not name and shame him till I was 100% sure. The most important thing is that should anyone get involved with any forum that allows people to hide their identity? The answer must be NO especially those forums who given so called expert advice as any researcher will tell you must always be able to check your source.
Needless to say I shall not involve myself with "Judo Forum" untill they take a Moral Stand against this abuse of the Net and advise everyone to do the same.

No comments: