Tuesday, June 08, 2010

MMA SportCombatSombo

I am back of holiday so you will all be bombarded with news.

recently I submitted a Blog about the CombatSambo competition as used in Russia and said in my opinion they were barbaric as they allowed kicks to the groin, punches to the head while your opponent was trapped on the ground etc, I then went on to say UK Sport would never accept this as a sport nor would an Insurance company and I had modified the rules to make MMS SportCombatSombo a much safer and one that can be called a sport.

As expected Darren Richardson and his friend in the USA condemned me for altering Russian CombatSambo but in his haste to vilify me he came up with a good point in which he said anything can be insured as long as you can afford the premium, he is yet to tell me what insurance company and what the cost would be, but most importantly if there is company who would insure have they ever paid out on a claim?

I still prefer to run a sport which minimise the chance of injury. So why am I writing this well you have guessed I am advertising the following

1st British Semi Contact PANKRATION & Sport CombatSombo Championship

Swale Martial Arts Club Sittingbourne

Sunday July 4th 10.00am

Men over 16 years

U65k-u75k-u85k-u95k-o95k

Entry fee £10 for both events

Rules can be found on the rules section

This event is for members of the following organisations:

International Budo Federation-GrapplingUK-British CombatSombo Association-PankrationUK

Your entry with money (this is for both events) must arrive by June 27th no late entries will be accepted

send money to IBF 118 East Street Sittingbourne Kent ME10 4RX

entries will be accepted by paypal (Clarkees, Clarkessportsstudio@hotmail.com) or by Internet Banking international Budo Federation NatWest sort Code 60-19-25 Acc No 30883814

send entries via email to IBFBCSA@Googlemail.com

No comments: