Thursday, April 10, 2008

HELL CATS DO WELL AT BRITISH SCHOOLS CHAMPIOSHIP

Ten girls from the Bedford High Hellcats attended the British Schools Individual Championships in Cardiff on April 29th. This was a very well attended competition with about 350 entries further ionfo can be found on http://www.budo-ibf.co.uk/bedford_hell_cats_do_the_ibf_pro.htm

The BSJA is a very strange organisation it offers really good Tournaments but keeps them a secret or can this just be the Kent section. I have yet to be sent information on any Kent Schools event even though I have asked on many occasions, one would have thought they would have welcomed more competitors. When I taught in Schools and was Chairman of the Kent Schools Judo Association and founder of the Swale Schools Judo Association I had several British Champions and I also remember Craig Scott and Marcella O'Hare being Internationals with them both of these are now in their 40's. If any of you young Judoka get a chance to compete in these Schools Event I am sure you will enjoy the experience.
Martin Clarke 8th Dan IBF UK President

No comments: