Tuesday, September 24, 2013

1978 Judo

1978 the second year I won the British Judo Associations British Team Trials in the Over 95 kilo class at Crystal Palace

That is 35 years ago things have certainly changed since then, if my memory serves me right there was nearly 30 entries in the 95+ kilo class. Today you will be lucky to get 30 men across all the weights. I was also teaching adults twice a week with between 40 and 50 every session a good adult night now is 16 as for kids my Young Judo Club was running 10 junior sessions a week in Sittingbourne with at leas 30 in every class sometime more.

There as at least 2 competitions a month we us taking minimum of 15 Adults and 20 Juniors at a tournament organised by Big Brenda in Herne Bay we had 105 entries from our club. Those days have gone and a good Judo tournament is between 80 to 100 competitors from all over the country


Martin Clarke Dave Boulding Brenda Jones Trevor Waghorn
IBF Multi Nations Holland 1987


No comments: